21 March 2015

DIY Bow Clip for Planner or Book Lover


When I'm Indonesia, I always try to find something to be a bookmark when I still not yet finished my book. Like pen, papers, even my hair band. Sometimes I will fold the corner of the last page I read. But it resulted in the bend pages and I don't like it..a lot. So when I came to Taiwan, I found a lot of bookmark made from plastic or magnet. Most of them are so cute.
But, when I tried it I realize it can't hold several pages all at once for my planner. It's good for book but not good enough to hold several pages on my planner.

So, I'm trying to find another solutions for my need, which are have to be cute, fun, personalized size and pattern, and cheap.

Then, I found this channel in YouTube that show me how to make DIY bow clip or more than that.



You can definitely follow her guidance to make cute bow clip for your planner or book. But, if you have low internet connection, just follow my pictures below. These guidance made by me basically the same with Alexis mentioned in her video. But the difference is that you don't have to print the bow guidance from her blog.

1. Prepare the equipment needed

Several equipment needed are paper clips ( I prefer to use big one so can hold several pages all at once), papers with pattern (use papers that thick enough), glue, scissor, and stickers.



2. Cut the paper into rectangle shape with width and height based on your needs


3. Fold the two ends of the paper into the same size.


4. Fold again but reserve a little bit of it, not all into the same size like before


5. Open the folded paper from the step 4 and cut like the picture below in the 2 border of folded area, in the middle and edge


6. Cut also the edge side of the paper like a bow


7. Open the folded  paper and use scissor to make it bend like pictures below



8. Fold the edge right and left of the paper outside


9. Take one paper clip ( i use gold one because it's perfectly cute) and insert one edge of the paper to clip like picture below




10. Put your finger in the middle of the bow and clip, then push it. Don't forget to give glue in the border of paper and clip. Better to use gun glue, if you have one.


11. To make it cuter, put a cute sticker in the middle of your bow.


Your bow clip, is ready to be used in your planner or as book mark. These pictures below are the example of other clip using big stickers or other thing that you can find easily.


If you want to use the one like Alexis have you have download it from her blog http://www.strangecharmed.com/diy/diy-bow-clips-for-your-planner-more/

Wish you have a good time in making your own bow clip!! ^_^


Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

2 comments:

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^