18 June 2015

[Ramadhan Series] Day 1 : Hard Day for Working... but Worthed


Usually, The first day of Ramadhan, I already at home in Indonesia and lazy around. I usually have thought that "Oh this is Ramadhan, it's fasting day and I need to be lazy around first to make sure I can do fasting without complaining until the end of the month"
But, this Ramadhan, change my perspective, especially it came out in my First Day of Ramadhan this year (18/6/2015)

After sahoor and shubuh prayer, I usually fallen asleep until near Dhuhr prayer. I know it's not a good thing to do, but usually I have excuse to fall asleep because I'm awake in the middle of the night to eat. But, this time, I had to awake at 6 AM and get ready to work.

Yes, this year I'm starting to have my part-time job in Taipei (not in Hsinchu where I live), because I want to give another day for my lab time in campus (which is in Taipei). Usually I just go to school when I have class, but I realized it's not enough, because my life in campus is not only classes but also research and group meeting. So, when this part-time job opportunity arrived, I definitely said yes, so that I can have more reason to go to school after my job. But unfortunately, my job is starting at 9 AM and I have to go to Taipei from Hsinchu at around 6.30 AM.

I know it will be a rough day, because it's the first day of Ramadhan, and it's summer. Night before, I slept late, and awake at 2.30 AM, and slept again after shubuh around 4 AM until 6 AM. Get ready until 6.30 AM, and go to bus station around 6.45 AM. Sometimes, the bus will go around 7 AM and arrived in Taipei around 8 AM.

Because in Taipei I have to commute using public transportation like MRT, Bus, and YouBike, of course I have to walk and need some time to go to one place to another. At 8.30 AM I already arrived at work where the office is near a mosque and before I start my day I went there to pray dhuha.

Alhamdulillah...this day was not as hot as before. Maybe because of the first day of Ramadhan and every creation of Allah in this earth is praying and help Muslims to fasting easily.

I felt terribly exhausted in the office. I felt sleepy all the time, and rarely speaking to my co-worker. I was tired after walk and riding YouBike to office. I also can't focus with everything.

Then, I realized that I have work to do. I have to focus because it's a work that need good communication skill with people who has trouble. I have to not show my tiredness in front of them. At the same time, I have test and need study between my work time.

So, I just tried to focus on everything in front of my eyes and started to work. In my heart, I believe Allah will help me go through this day and something good will happen to me, because it's the month of Barakah, the month of Blessings on everything we ask for.

With Bismillahirrahmanirrahim... I started to work... and I can focus on everything! Alhamdulillah...

After Dhuhr prayer, I finished my work and go to school by bus, followed by YouBike again. Need almost 30 minutes to arrive at school from office. And it's 2 PM. Very hot at that time. The thought of drinking ice is making me crazy... -__-"

I had an appointment with a group study of one of my classes in the afternoon. There are several problems ahead and I couldn't solve it before. I asked my friends about problems in our term project, but they seemed didn't understand at all about how to do it. But, I believe Allah will help me. This is Ramadhan and barakah will always come to people who try hard and patient (Sabr), right?

It's unbelievable when we met at that afternoon, I could focus on my task. I could think clearly about what supposed to do and not. Even at that time, I almost fainted due to lack of sleep and tiredness. But I kept my head straight and do the job. I also couldn't believe in myself when I started to give explanations about what the projects really are to my friends, because the day before I couldn't think that way.

Subhanallah... Allah is beside me all the time...and this Ramadhan is truly Barakah for me.

Fasting is not an excuse for someone to be lazy around and not doing their work. It's a misunderstanding if related Ramadhan fasting with unproductive, but instead during Ramadhan people will be more productive than ever.

I already proven that theory, because in a day I finished my job, I studied for exams, I made presentations for projects, and I could think clearly and focus. 

Those experience in a day, make me realize that whatever happens... if Allah always be in our heart and we always seek His help, Allah will help us and give us His Blessings throughout the day.

My suggestion to you guys... don't be worry to loose your focus on your work or school activities, because Ramadhan is the month of Productivity and the month of Blessings from Allah... Trust Allah, The One who can make your life easier and help you on everything...



Jazakallahu Khairan Katsiran...

Wish we can get the most out of Ramadhan and always get Barakah from Allah...  
Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^