02 July 2014

Travel Pouches for Organized Muslim (Travel Series)




Today's post is all about pouches that I use for travelling and what's inside those pouches. As a Muslim, we have to keep all our things clean. Because Allah love everything clean. Not only our body but also our stuff. That's why since last year I started to organize my stuff for travelling, so they will not going to be dirty or mixed up with everything in my bag.

Now... I will show you what kind of pouch I have for different things when I travel. :)

First... the most important one... don't forget to bring your Al-Qur'an.

I have a small pouch that I use for keeping my Al-Qur'an save. Because sometimes, if I go travel, the day changes so much, rain can make my Qur'an wet. Even if I use water resistant bag, sometimes wet can't be expected.

My friend gave me this Al-Qur'an several years ago and I love this Al-Qur'an so much. Because it has translation (Indonesian translation) and also Tajwid. So, I'm just recite but also study the meaning and tajwid. Therefore, I can improve my understanding of Islam.

Second... the second the most important thing is... Mukenah (I don't know the english of this) or pray clothes for Muslimah and Pray Mat.

I have this small pouch that was given by my mom a year ago. She got this from her friend who went to Taiwan. It is funny that she gave to me who live in Taiwan, now. hahaha

But I like this puch so much because it fits perfectly with my mukena. The material of my mukena is paracute. So, it can be folded until very very small. And it is also cheap if you buy this mukenah in Indonesia. In Taiwan... ohh so expensive. Because the store need to order from Indonesia first. -__-"



Third... of course you will bring your electronic devices, right?

Several of my friends have problems in organized their electronic devices when they travel. They just put those devices in the bag, and when they need one of them, it is very hard to fnd because of other stuff in the bag. So, I have the solution when I went to a store, like a multi-purpose store (you can find almost everything there).

The brand is Andy May. I think this brand also come with other smaller pouches and many bright colors. But, I prefer to this 10 x 18 cm pouch that can carry all of my electronic devices, especially because the color.. i love purple and pink so much. ^_^

I have my 1TB hard drive (thankfully this time the drive is smaller than before, because my boyfriend have the bigger one.haha), my USB in the small pockets with my microSD adapter, and of course my ear-phone. Maybe you will wonder, where is my power bank? okay... it is broken.. :( I have plan to buy one and put it inside this pouch, in my ear-phone place. Because Andy May also have small pouch only for ear phone and it's cute. haha

This pouch also have a hard material. So, if you unintentionally (or intentionally) drop your pouch, your devices are not going to be broken.

Fourth... never forget your important travel documents !

I suggest you to have small travel documents that can keep those things from broken, wet, or any unexpected things. Many bookstore sell travel pouch, but most of them only for passport and itinerary. So, I choose this pouch.
This pouch can hold my passport (with Chinese cat passport cover. Thanks for my boyfriend who gave me one. :") ) and my token for internet banking. Also with my itinerary, contact information, travel location maps, etc. Ohh... don't forget to put a pen there because if you travel to other countries, sometimes you have to fill some form for immigration.

Fifth, I have this cute travel shoes bag. ^__^ I love Unicite so much. This brand come up with travel bags in many sizes and different purposes.

Sometimes I felt uncomfortable when I keep my shoes in the plastic bags. I feel like it will make my other stuff dirty and also hard to find my foot-stuff. Therefore, I use this travel shoes bag to keep my shoes and sandals. It will not going to make my stuff in this bag dirty because it has something like divider to close the side of the place for shoes (see the picture in the below right side). I also had my shoes polisher in the pocket. But sometimes I also put plastic bags, in case something happened and I need those plastic bags. 
In the front of the pouch, there is also a big pocket that keep my socks and leggings. So, it is easier for me to find it rather than put my socks in my suit case. :) Also... it is clean ^__^

Six... how about toiletries? you use small pocket or pouch? hmm... i think you will change your mind after see this pouch.

Another Unicite travel pouch for toiletries. It is very useful because have hook in the top of the pouch. So, when you go to the bathroom, you can hang the pouch in the bathroom door or wall that have hook. :) I can put many things inside this pouch and I'm not going to be worried the liquid things will make other stuff wet.  Because each toiletries have its own place in this pouch. For the example, tooth brush and tooth paste in the front long pocket, other toiletries are inside the pouch also with make-up that I use after take a bath, and the pocket in the upper side can be use to keep feminine stuff and tissues. 

I also put a small container that I use to keep my hijab accessories. Actually is not for accessories, it is for daily medicine. But I find this helpful for me to keep my accessories rather than other container. Because it has 8 places to be filled, I choose to put my SD card, paper clips, and board pins also, in case I need those things when I go travel. It also has a big container like shown in the left side of the picture that I use for my big brooches and hijab pins. My other small brooches and rubber band are in the smaller places. I also have ear plugs for my ear phone (in case the ear plug missing). 
Now, our stuff will be clean and organized when we go travel. ^__^

How about clothes, bigger electronic devices, books, and other things? I will show the pouches in different post because I'm still working on it. :)

Hope this post helpful for you.

I will published my free organizing life planner in the next two months also with several tips for Back To School and Travel Ideas every two days... ^__^

Jazakullahu Khairan.
Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

4 comments:

  1. wah jleb tenan non :O pertanyaannya, beli dmana bbrp pouch itu? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pouch yang mana yang kamu maksud non? aslinya sih beli dimana-mana bisa...cuma ini kan aq beli di taiwan... di toko kuning... :)) tapi kalo di indonesia harusnya ada sih... kapan hari aku sempet lihat di matahari yang lokasinya koper2... :)

      Delete
  2. Hi mbak salam kenal :)

    Boleh tau nggak, pouchnya bisa dibeli dimana aja? terutama yang waterproof untuk Quran itu.. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diaz salam kenal juga... :D
      Kebetulan karena saya tinggalnya di Taiwan, pouches nya saya beli disini. Tapi sebenernya ada alternativ lain kalau mau beli di Indonesia.
      Untuk yang Al-Qur'an itu bahannya mirip sama pouch yang dijual di Strawberry atau Naughty atau toko aksesoris cewek di mall-mall Indonesia. Jadi mungkin bisa cari yang lebih kecil dan dari plastik, plus zipper nya kuat jadi air susah masuk.
      Untuk pouch yang lain mungkin bisa coba cari online di website kayak yahoo mall, e-bay, atau amazon. Setau saya banyak di sana. Cuma kekurangannya yaa harus nunggu agak lama karena pesannya di luar negeri.
      Semoga membantu. :)

      Delete

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^