30 June 2015

[Ramadhan Series] Day 13 : Too Lazy.. Summer Time or what?



Summer Holiday... many will think of it as it's time for holiday... go to the beach or places never been there before, and do some fun in the sun. But, this summer is Ramadhan for me as a muslim. And I can't go to places because it's too hot outside in Taiwan, not only because of the sun but also humidity. Can't bear too long outside. So, I just be at home this week. Especially when I got injuries in my legs several days ago, seems hard for me to go around.

My daily activities in this holiday is...NONE.

After suhoor and pray shubuh, I slept all day long until Dhuhr. I woke up only when my husband was getting ready for work. Then I slept again.

After woke up, I just lazy around on my bed and open YouTube. Find some interesting videos or documentaries ( I don't really like to watch movies nowadays ) and just be there until my head hurts. Yes sometimes I've had a headache due too long inside and didn't get any sun. It's real.

And then... I turned on my laptop and start browsing things, open my social media accounts, reading articles, while watching Fox Crime on TV. Until... it's time to get ready for iftar.

But, because I was too lazy... I didn't cook. I just asked my husband "Where will we eat for dinner?" and that's it. I waited for him to go back home and pick me up to a restaurant, or sometimes he just brought something home for dinner.

This week... that's all I can do. I really don't know what's going on...

Is it because of I'm fasting? not really...because week before I'm still productive and could finish all my assignments on time.

Is it because of I slept late and woke up too late also? yeah maybe... but if I woke up late doesn't mean I will not going to do my jobs done.

Is it because I think I didn't have any things to do? not really... because even I already finished this semester, I still have a lot to dos, which are my businesses and several other things.

So, what? hmmm... I don't know.

But this laziness affects me a lot...

I knew I have things to do, and until today, most of them are untouched.
I stopped journalling, which is usually the most fun thing to do in a day.
I became lazy to practice Sunnah during the day, like recite Al-Qur'an or even watch videos for Islamic practices.
I stopped doing my research, and it's making me insane because I have to do it soon.
and many other negative things...

Usually when laziness came, I just packed my bag and go to Starbucks. But, now I can't do that because I'm fasting.

I have to change!
I have to do something!
I can't lazy around and do nothing!

But, I don't know where to start... I don't know what's the first thing to do.

I have to think first... If I had something came up, I will write it down in here. Maybe it can help people like me to get away with laziness.
Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^