06 February 2015

Nature Loving Wonderland : The Biggest Budha Maitreya Statue in the World


Source : naturelovingwonderland.org

You didn't see it wrong. It's a very big budha maitreya statue. When I asked the guide, he said its height is equal with 40 floors building and made of bronze.

What I've been thinking is "How they make it? O.o"

This article is about my experience as a Muslim inside the world center of budha maitreya studies.

Me and my husband were looking a place to travel around Hsinchu, Taiwan when my husband discovered there's a place in the middle of mountain that has a very big Budha statue, because one of his friend ever went to this place and post his photo in facebook.

At first, we didn't know anything about this place. We didn't know that this is a place to study about budha maitreya. We only want to travel around and find something different. We think this place is some kind of a place for family recreation. Because it's in the middle of mountain and surrounded by lake. This statue is in the middle of little island in the Golden Lake (I think it's the name refer to the board near the entrance). The pictures he found in google also beautiful because it's surrounded by beautiful scenery.

When we arrived, we already prepared to find "NO English information" and not many people will come around due to the fact that not many cars and scooters passed the road to go there.

But, I was wrong.

We're really shocked when we found out there're a lot of people in the entrance, which are help people to cross the street like police man. But they're not police. I know they're volunteer from the vest they wear. But, how come? It's in the middle of mountain. No public transportation there. No housing, even.

And then... they have Indonesian translator!!!

Really...make me shocked.

At first, someone in the entrance asked me "Are you speaking english?" and we said yes, so that he asked someone who can be our translator. Then, one of the grandpa who also visitor like us asked me "where are you come from?" in chinese of course, and my husband said that we are from Indonesia. And the man in the entrance asked another person, who is Indonesian, named Ferry, to help us.

Ferry came to us and told us about the "rule" that need to be followed inside. Several rules that I remember are:
  • No high heels (they have a very expensive wooden floor and carpet)
  • Shoes need to be covered by somekind of socks (we're given the socks before go to the main hall)
  • No eating and drinking inside the main hall
  • No photos inside
  • etc. (I forgot what other things hehe
He told us about why he came to this place. We didn't know anything about this place until he said to us that this place actually a place to study about Budha Maitreya religion. He said it's not a religion but it's like a .... I don't know what to say. Sect? Not like that also... but something like that. They believe in Universal Family. Whatever your religion, race, culture... we're family. That's what he said to us.

There're many people not only Taiwanese, but also Chinese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Thai, India, and even Americans...came to this place as volunteers to study about this religion. And they live in the dorm inside the main building.

We're very worried at that time because we're Muslim. But then, because we didn't want to make him sad if we didn't go inside, so we just went inside. Because he said to us that in this place they didn't give us explanation about specific religion, but culture. We're trying to keep open mind when he gave us many information but not too open. 

Ok let me give you what we found inside this place.

Source : naturelovingwonderland.com

First, after Ferry gave us explanation what Dos and Don'ts inside this place, we went to a Gate. The picture is in above. You see there are three doors and each of them has its own meaning which is written above each doors. The first word means Joyfulness, Good Fortune, and Cheerfulness. Ferry told us that sometimes people will go through not only 1 door but 3 of them and make S turn in this gate. So they will get 3 of those positive things in life. But, because we're Muslim, we didn't believe that Gate will give us those 3 things. But, Allah will give us that. So, we decided to go only 1 door, not because we want to get that specific word written in that door but because we want to go inside. haha But Ferry asked us to go through 3 doors because he wants to give explanation. Ok then, because that's the reason, we went through those 3 doors without expect anything.


Second, we saw a very big clock. But the interesting thing is that they change the hour number using 12 positive words. Like for example they change number 1 with Joyful. So, when we feel sad in 1 AM or PM, and then we see the clock, we will remember about Joyful that happened in our life. This clock helps us to always be Grateful and Happy whatever situation happened in our life. I like this clock because it helps me to always Thanks to Allah who gave me such a beautiful life. Time cannot be repeat and has to be filled with beautiful things, right? Great culture and we can accept that theory. Because that's also what Islam taught us.

Third, we entered a main building which has many specific rooms to learn.  Before went inside, we were given a socks, but it's not for feet but for shoes. Yes of course we were using our shoes, but we also used this specially made socks' shoes. So, if you want to go here, don't forget to not use high heels. Better use sport shoes or sandals. In the entrance of the main building, there's a big budha maitreya statue and a small one. They are very heavy, the guide said. Almost 4 tons or something and made of ... i forgot.. something like gold or somekind of that things. Above those statues, there is a dome and the guide (not Ferry, but a woman, who is Indonesian also) said that the dome's shape is the combination of the shape of mosque, church, and temple architecture. It means whatever the religion, human are from one source. As a Muslim, I believe that we're from one source, Allah. But I can't accept the fact that they believe whatever the religion human are one. I know it's logic because if no religion, no hate between religion. But, I believe what Allah said in Al-Qur'an that :

قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُ‌ونَ ﴿١﴾ لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ ﴿٢﴾ وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ ﴿٣﴾ وَلَا أَنَا عَابِدٌ مَّا عَبَدتُّمْ ﴿٤﴾ وَلَا أَنتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ ﴿٥﴾ لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ ﴿ ٦
Say, "O disbelievers. I do not worship what you worship. Nor are you worshippers of what I worship. Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship. Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship. For you is your religion, and for me is my religion." (Al Kafirun: 1-6)
And also not because we have different religion than we can't respect each other right? (just my opinion, no offense)

Ok so... another thing about this place, they provide information about good culture. Respect each other as society, self introspection, love humanity, no hates, etc. I agree about what they told us. Because that what Islam told us also. About peace, love, respect, good to people. humanity, and many other good things.

But you know... what I don't like the most in this place is that when we went to some place like a shrine, they told us to "pray" to their god, which is budha maitreya. And I really don't like it. Politely I told them "I'm sorry, we're Muslim and we're not going to do that". Even I'm little bit pissed, because they knew I'm Muslim from my hijab, but they still told me to "pray" to their god, I have to be still polite to them without making them uneasy or even mad at us. Alhamdulillah it worked out. They okay with my faith.

I stand in my believe that "For you is your religion, and for me is my religion"

Go to this place is good for people who want to learn something from other people's religion and want to open their mind. If you are Muslim, before go here, pray to Allah to protect you from all information they gave to you. Because maybe shaitaan will go inside your brain and make your faith shaken. So, better to filter all of those information, ok?

This place is good for culture learning and make you think more about your own faith, Islam.

Back to Al-Qur'an... every information about good behavior and culture they mentioned, are mentioned in Al-Qur'an.

After we went to this place, we kept thinking about what we have learnt in Al Qur'an and Hadist and what information we got from this place.

It makes us realize that the more I think about it, the more I fall in love my religion, Islam.

If you read this blog, I remind you that this article is about my experience as a Muslim in a non-Muslim country and have a lot of information about other religion. So, there are many things I have to share about my opinion about what I've experienced to my brothers and sisters in Islam.

If you're non-Muslim reading this article, I'm sorry if this article is not the same with your opinion.

What I've learnt during my visit to this place are...

Be open minded with other religion's culture and information. Because it can help you learn to respect other people and know their opinion about something. Accept the positive culture which are related with Islam's taught us in Qur'an and Hadist. But, don't follow what other religion's do which are not in Qur'an and Hadist. Stand on your faith with respect to others. 

Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

1 comment:

  1. The Nature Loving Wonderland was the creation of The Tao Movement. They believe if you pray to the Smiling Buddha you will attain Tao. It is rather like being saved to the Christians. Your instincts were good when you passed.

    ReplyDelete

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^