02 February 2015

Travel Documents Preparation


This is my first time have a "tight" preparation for travel abroad. Before, I just pack my things, get some cash, and go. But, this time I wanna make sure everything on schedule and of course on a budget. Therefore, I decided to learn from other travelers about how to manage travel on a budget from many different kinds of websites.


I want to share with you guys about what I've learnt and done this whole week for my travel preparation two weeks later.

Basically, things to be done about documents are travel schedule and things to do, of course with other supplementary

I use Travel Planner template from Excel and edit several things which based on my needs. You can find many kinds of vacation planner there and just choose one that you like the most. But in here, I choose the one that have several basic things. There are 7 important basic things need to be considered for travel, which are personal details, travel details, hotel and activities, car rental, emergency details, maps, and tickets.

Personal Details

This part is all about your name, phone number, and address. You need it if there's something happen with you and somebody need to know who you are. We hope there's not gonna happen something bad, but just in case. Because in a place we're not familiar with, something surely might be happened.



Travel Details

Travel details means your itinerary. It's not have to be flight itinerary but also train or bus, depends on your travel transportation. In my case, I use my flight itinerary and put in this part. But because I use transit flight, I edit this part and put also my transit information.



Hotel and Activities

I think this part is the most important one because in here I can put all my travel schedule. You can see in the picture, this file divide base on the activity. But for me, I edit it and divide it based on the dates. Therefore, it can make a lot of easier for me to see what ind of activities I wanna do. In this file I also put money management in another column. Some kind like a budget and actual expense. So when I go travel I can barely know how much money I have and I can spend during the day and I'm not going to afraid of become bankrupt in the middle of my travel. haha

In the end of the scheduling, I can see how much money for transportation. culinary, hotel, and play. Also I also can see what kind of maps I need to find from place to place. Why map? I'll tell you later.


Car Rental

I didn't use this part because I use public transportation for my trip, of course because it's cheaper. But if you need one, you need to write down the information in case you need it. For traveler who go to "hard to find" public transportation, rental a car or scooter is highly recommended.

Emergency Details

This part is very important, in case something happen to you and somebody need to call home, even we hope there won't be something bad happen.

Maps

I know we have all gadgets in our hand. But, what if the internet is lost? or you don't have any internet access there? The answer is .... Print out the Maps. My suggestions to you to travel abroad especially and in the case that you don't have any internet access to GPS, find the maps from one place to another and print it out. You can find it easily in Google Maps including the "how to go there", maybe using public transportation, walk, or drive by yourself.

Tickets

Don't forget to print out your itinerary, especially flight itinerary. Some airline may give you the e-ticket which has QR Code that can be saved in your phone, but many others are not. So, better print it out. For budget traveler like me, I usually try to find the cheapest price ticket in internet. The venue website maybe have discount for online booking, but not all venues. You can try to find those tickets in the travel agencies or deal websites. Sometimes, if you buy it online, you will get e-ticket. Don't forget to save it in your gadget and print it out. In case, they need your print-out ticket.

Other Supplementary

Important things, of course your passport and ID. Don't forget to bring pen and book, because you'll gonna need that. Cash, yes you need cash. In case your debit card or credit card can't be used in your travel destination.

To save all of those things in one place, my suggestion is to put those in one plastic map. Why plastic? In case rain or your bag is soaked, your documents are still gonna safe.


That's all my experience in preparing documents for my travel abroad in a budget. I know it's not easy to prepare all of this things. But, it's worth so much. :)
Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^