03 February 2015

[2Days1Book][Book Review] - Taiwan Lonely Planet


Source: goldendestinations.com

I have this book since before I came to Taiwan. I bought this book in Indonesia when I was preparing myself to go. You know that I like travel so much and I need a book about Taiwan which is a guidance to travel, in english of course. I found this book in Periplus Book Store Surabaya. I was lucky because it's only one and I couldn't find this book even in Jakarta.

Lonely Planet is famous with its travel guidance around the world. That's why I want this book. All about Taiwan from North to South.

There are maps that I can look at in every city. Including with travel places like sceneries, venues, museums, etc. Several places also include festivals in specific dates which are annually.

Even there are suggestions to sleep and eat. Not only for "rich" traveler but also backpacker. Because they also provide the range price for hotel, cafes, and transportation from Taipei.

What I like about this book is that this book provide A LOT of INFORMATION needed for traveler in Taiwan. It can help traveler a lot when trying to find places that can be visit.

Talking about visit, this book provide suggestions about Things To Do in  several amount of days and specific time in Taiwan. For instance, what kind of things and where to go in Taiwan for two days, tree days, four days, and a week. Quite useful for me who like to travel randomly and mostly in my school holiday.

But, still... I don't really like this book because there are soo many information and make this book not really interesting to read. Lonely Planet wants to put as many as possible any information they have in A5 Book Size. It cause a very thick book and the size of writing are too small. Hard to see and read of course.

Even there are many maps inside, the maps also not quite good to see and understand.  The map's information are not easy to understand,

Maybe this book is good for expert traveler who already used to read physical maps.

But, for me ... I kinda choose Google Maps. haha

But I like the information about travel places in this book.

Sometimes, I will look into this book to find travel places where I've never been before and try to find those places in Google Maps and gather many information, including the price and transportation update. This way, can help a lot for traveling.

Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^