22 June 2015

[Ramadhan Series] Day 6 : Longest Day Time in Taiwan during Ramadhan is a Good Day


Today I got information from my Taiwanese friends that today is gonna be the longest day time on summer. And... it's on Ramadhan. I'm not sure how many minutes longer than usual but it feels like I'm going to have a hot summer day today. hahaha

But even it's not longest day time in Taiwan, I would definitely get one. Because today is the last day of one of my class and I had to present my final project in front the class. It's not like an usual presentation, it's different. I had a hard time to do it so I'm really nervous and afraid that I couldn't do it better.

Instead of making myself funny in front of the class, fortunately I can make it through. Alhamdulillah... what I've been think of all this time not realized. hehe I'm afraid Prof will ask us about the network but he just asked us about how we make the network because we used a huge amount of data, not like others in the class. Another miracle of Ramadhan for me from Allah.

What I've been realized all day after I reviewed today activities are... I did something hopefully useful for my friends on lab. InshaAllah.

When first I came at school, I met with my lab mates on lab and we talked for a bit about our friend's engagement surprise. And it came out to a topic of Ramadhan because one of them asked me to go for lunch together. I told her that I was fasting and can't eat during the day until sunset. She already knew about Ramadhan because she is familiar with Islam things, she said. haha But another friend of mine at that time, he didn't know anything about Ramadhan. So, I decided to explain to him about it.

He asked me why do you have to fast for 1 month? 

I answered to him that this month is the month of blessings and Allah stated that we have to fast in this month. There are many benefits for our body and mind actually.

We need fasting for our body to rest after a year eat many kinds of food and need to heal themselves from any kind of disease.

We need fasting for our mind and mental state because we have to be patient, cannot angry, and discipline throughout the day.

So, what time do you have to do fasting?

Start from before Fajr prayer ( I have to explain to him that we have to pray 5 times a day) around 3.30 AM until sunset around 6.45 PM.

Is it have to be that time?

No. it depends on the sun. Sometimes we will eat iftar at 7 PM if the day time is longer than before. And of course summer time is longest time to fast rather than in winter time.

Is Ramadhan always in June / July ?

No. Because Ramadhan is in Islamic Calendar which is similar with Chinese calendar, that depends on the moon. And every year, usually Ramadhan will be move 1 month earlier. Like for example in this year Ramadhan is in June and July, and next year will be in May - June.

After he got all of that information and understand...he said "Waow...It's so special."

I'm happy to hear that I can explain to him about Ramadhan, so that he will understand more about Islam and Muslims.

Another thing that interest me the most was when one of my friend (after class) joking around to my Indonesian labmates that she will make him angry because he is still fasting and I said to her that if she did that she will go to hell. haha it's just joking, but another friend of mine ask me about Hell.

She thought that Hell is always an American joke, like "go to hell" or something like that. And she also didn't believe anything about heaven and hell. SO, I decided to give her an explanation about this.

I asked her whether she knew Adam and Eve, and she didn't know. So, I started with... what happened when human is not yet known.

Allah created Shaitaan (I used term Satan to her because it's more familiar) and put them in Heaven. Then, Allah created human which are Adam and Eve, and He told shaitaan to worship them. But shaitaan said to Allah that they didn't want to because they think that they are better than human. So, shaitaan told Adam and Eve to eat a forbidden apple in heaven. That apple caused them banned from heaven by Allah, because they already told by Allah to not eat that apple, but they still ate that due to shaitaan's whisper. Allah then put shaitaan into Hell and Adam and Eve to earth. Shaitaan didn't like it and even they already successfully make Adam and Eve out of heaven, they still said to Allah that they will make Adam, Eve, and their descendants (which is us, human) to not pray to Allah and drag them to hell until the end of the day (doomsday) to be their friends on hell.

After I explained to her, she became sooo excited. She said to me that she never heard that story before. I felt a little bit shocked because it's a story that any religion had. Like christian, catholics, and jews...they had that story in their book. But, how come she didn't even know that story?

I just realized that it might because she doesn't have any religion. And...most of Taiwanese are like that. So, it makes sense that she and some others of my friends didn't know that story.

I'm happy that I can explain to my friends a little bit about Islam, from time to time. Not a whole in a day but a little bit a time. Because I know that they have to know Islam as general first, and if they want to know more, I will explain more. It's important for them to understand what Islam and how Islam in Muslims' life so that they can respect Muslims and doesn't have any misunderstanding about Islam because of wrong-sided media.

Wish that I can do more on this Ramadhan and do da'wah even more to my friends in Taiwan. InshaAllah.


Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^