19 June 2015

[Ramadhan Series] Day 2 : Shocking Hijab Trying from Non-Muslim Friends



My lab is the place where everyone happy, just like our Prof always said to us when we have meeting. It's common when someone mocking others, and no emotions involved.

Without I realized, because I'm not at campus at that day, one of my friend (the craziest one) has an idea to try using hijab by herself with her shawl. She tried to make it as similar as possible with my daily hijab model.  And... it shocked me a lot when I knew it. It's not a bad shock. But, a very good shock. 

I'm very impressed on how she managed to wear it like I used to wear using her shawl. Even her intention at first is to mock me and joke about me that I have no hair and I want to cover it up with my hijab. hahaha

I knew about this from other friends who shown me her photos. And I just kept laugh because she's so cute and beautiful with shawl on her head.

But, the most shocking me was ... when some of my friends who shown me the photo (3 of them), they asked me to have Hijab Day in the lab. They want to try wearing it.

It's... UNBELIEVABLE.

On every year, in campus, Muslim students have an annual activity called International Muslim Culture Exhibition where everyone including non-muslim can try to use Hijab. But as far as I remember, when we had that activity last year, my lab mates didn't come because have classes.

And it's unbelievable for me because that idea is not coming for me. The idea of wearing hijab, is come from them!

Subhanallah... another magic of Ramadhan.

I asked them... why they want to try to use hijab? (still with shocking face)

They said to me that... They want to feel it. Is it hot to wear hijab? will they look more beautiful? is it weird? and the most important thing... they want to know others' perspective when see them using hijab.

And definitely...I said YES OF COURSE.

So, we set a date, on next week... so that everybody (girls) will come to lab and try hijab, I'm the one who will help them wear it. I'm soooo happpyyy... ^__^

When I told my Muslim friends about this... they agree to help me video taping the event. ^^

I hope it can turn out well and another way to do da'wah in Taiwan, even it's only in my lab.

Please pray for us in this activity for next week. I will post the video in this blog as soon as possible, to let the worlds know... 
Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^