29 October 2014

Organizing your Place : DIY Desk Dividers


These past few weeks, I was overwhelmed with my desk. We have a loootttt of stuff in our room, especially in desk. Because we rent a room, we can't have many spaces. However, we have things to put in somewhere reachable because we like to use them often. Cosmetics, papers, pens, clips, hair band, pins, electricity equipment, gadgets, etc. Just think about those things in one desk make me overwhelmed and stressed by myself.

So, I decided to look for ideas in YouTube about how to organize desk. Most of the videos suggest to make the desk look nice, yes of course because they are still teenager. haha But what I wanna look for is something that not only look nice, but also neat and organized. 

Then, I came up with this idea. My husband just laugh when I first start to do this, but then he realized that this is helpful for us. :)

I decided to make dividers for my desk drawer for my stuffs. We are lucky to have two big desk drawers so we can put many stuff there. But, if we didn't put them nicely and organize, it will be a big mess and hard to look for something. The desk drawer itself, made by cardboard. 

Why cardboard? Because I'm trying to find something cheap (or free) and just a little bit effort to make it because it is easy to cut. 

Okay let me show you how I made it.

First, Find cardboard that not used in your home.

You can use any kind of cardboard. I used a cardboard that I recently used for moving from school dorm to my husband's house after I married. So, it's kinda thick and perfect for dividers. Because it will not going to bent if some stuffs push the dividers.

Second, Design your own dividers.

Design doesn't mean hard to do. Just make a scratch drawing on a piece of paper. Don't forget to measure your drawer and the size of your design. :)

Three, Cut the cardboard in the specific size you have. 

Yes it needs a little bit of effort to cut a thick cardboard. However, you can use paper razor blade to cut. I used it and it's sharp enough to cut. 

Four, Place the cutted board into your drawers.

It's not only placing but also gluing your cardboard. Because if you have a design that perpendicular, you have to glue each side of the cutted cardboard. If you want,you can decorate it as well. Like maybe put some stickers or decorated tapes. You also can paint the cardboard before put them in your drawers if you like.

Five, Place your stuff inside

You have your own stuffs and put them in designated areas of your dividers. Let me show you mine.


In here you can see that I put a lot of stuffs in our desk drawers and make different design of each drawer. The first desk drawer have bigger divider and the other is smaller. It's because I want to put a bigger stuffs inside the first desk drawer.

I have small pouches, gadgets, keys, watches, name cards, and also a container that I found in Daiso for small little piece of things. The container I used for my rings, coins, pins, brooch, paper clips, and hair band. 

Sometimes, we put everything in the desk and make the desk a mess with all of our gadgets. That's why I also have space for our gadgets like phone charger, external drive, disk, USB flash drive, etc.

So you see, it's very useful for us when prepare in the morning. Just open this desk drawer and know all of the stuff in place.

Another desk, I put all of my school and decorating supplies. I found it easier to put all of my pens, markers, and pencils inside the drawers rather than in the desk using pencil case. Because I wanna put my desk neat. If I wanna do something, just take them out and put them inside again after finish.

I also have my glue, tapes, decorated tapes, ruler, etc.

Maybe some of you read my previous post about behind my organizing planner which I explain about a container that I use for keeping my decorating stuffs. I'm still using it but I move my decorated tapes to this drawers. Because it's too thick and i have a lot of stickers inside. So, i just put them into this drawers and just take out some if I want to bring them to school.

Okay that's all.
Thank's for reading all of my talks today. haha
Hope it's helpful for you.

Jazakallahu Khairan Katsiran.


Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^