26 October 2014

Organizing Household : All about Money


One of the most important lesson after I married is how to manage household money. Maybe all newlyweds will think the same with me. Once you married, your life is not only about you but also about your wife/husband.

In the case of money, Husband will give some money to Wife for household, like for groceries, eating out, beverages, etc. The challenge is for wife to manage the money until the specified date or usually in the end of the month.

I'm still learning this kind of thing. Managing not only household money but also another kind of money. But, now I found something interesting that I can share with you guys. Single also can use this as reference, even students. :)

Bills to Pay

There are many kind of bills. Mortgage, rent, electricity, water, phone, internet, school, etc. Many people sometimes forgot to pay in the specified date or if they pay they forgot how much money they spent and lost the receipt. Saving the receipt is important. Why? Because if there's something happened, maybe the company said you didn't pay yet but actually you are, you can show the receipt to them. Don't throw away all of your receipt bill!

So, I came up with this idea. Write down all of bills payment in a year, in a piece of paper.

Even for the transportation cost, you can write in down each month. Therefore, you will understand how much money you already spent for it and you can manage to think about how much budget you want for next month.

School also important because if you are still in school, therefore you have to pay school fees like registration, books, uniforms, etc. 

I'm giving you the raw file of this Bills to Pay because every person have different needs about their bills. The raw file is in doc file, not like previous posts' files that I made using Photoshop. 

You can download the Bills to Pay in this link.

Monthly Budget

In the first day of each month, me and my husband will spend some time to write all of the expenditure in the previous month to make decision for that month's budget. Maybe some people may think that this is very detailed and not really like the detailed things. Don't worry, it's normal. My husband also thought the same, until I explain why he should do this with me.

Household is not about wife, but also husband. He gave the money and She will manage it. But, not always like that. They have to work together because they have the same goal and need some money to achieve that goal.

For example, we want to travel around South East Asia in the beginning of next year. Therefore, we have to save some money. If we want to save more, means we have to spend less, right? To achieve that, we have to carefully calculate our expenditure and stay on budget. That's why the monthly budget is important. We will notice how much money we spent in each month and will not going to spend more than budget. :)

So, the idea is write all of the budget in the beginning of each month. And in the end of each month or in the specific date, write the expenditures or incomes. :)

Between the monthly and yearly bills, it must be consistent. So, if you write "bus" in the transportation cost in Bills to Pay, in the monthly budget should have "bus" also. It will help you when you summarize in the end of the month.

I also will give you the raw file and you can manage it by yourself. You can download in think link.

Weekly Outcomes

Actually the Weekly Outcomes can help to be bridge between day and month. The expenditure budgeted items are same with Monthly Budget. The difference is that you only have to fill it in the end of each week. Therefore, in the end of each month, you can calculate it in the Total column and move the value to the Monthly Budget's Actual column. Easy right? ^^

Again...I remind you to be consistent with the budgeted items. They are should be the same within weekly, monthly, and Bills to Pay yearly.

Hard work to do it each week? it is. But, you will feel it hard only in the first several weeks, after that you will do it every week without realize you already do it. 

The first step always difficult, but without the first step, you will never achieve your goal.

You can find the raw file in this link.

Daily Outcomes

The most important one is daily outcomes. The challenge is how you manage yourself to write down all of your expenditure without forgetting how much money you spend at that time. hahaha

Until now...I'm still trying to manage myself to always write it down in my journal every time I buy something and whenever I'm home, I will move that to this Daily Outcomes.

You can write down your expenditure with the source (place you buy it), with the amount in the outcomes column. Don't forget to write the balance after you spend the money.

So, you will notice how much money left on your pocket.

You can download the raw file of the Daily Outcomes in this link

The next question is... why I make this in A4 size paper? Not A5?

Because... I decided to make different journal for household things. I will all of the papers in to one folder that I keep at home. So, my husband can see it every time he wants. And I don't have to bring these papers with me where ever I go. :)

Also... if I have bills or receipts I can manage to keep them in that paper folders also. All in one place. Keep simple and organized, of course. ^^

Other question... why this files are sooo not colorful? i mean not many decorations there...

It is because I like to print them in designed paper. You can find many designed ready paper in school supply store and they have many different kinds of paper. When you print them in those paer, it will look nicer and you can have your own ideas of decorating your organizer.

Hope this post helpful for you.
If you have any questions, please write down on the comment below and InsyaAllah I will reply yours.

If you want another downloadable planner for Muslim, you can download them from this link.

Jazakallahu Khairan Katsiran. ^__^
Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^