05 May 2015

[#2Days1Book][Book Review] Cuckoo's Calling



I guess everyone knows who J.K. Rowling is. But, we've never heard Robert Galbraith, right? Suddenly the book became best seller in many book stores. Guess what? Robert Galbraith is J.K. Rowling. I guess she's trying to be another person. Try to prove that she can write another novel other than Harry Potter. haha

So, I decided to buy this novel, not only because it's Mrs. Rowling's, but also because I like detective novel. These months I like to watch CSI Cyber Crime, Hawai Five O, etc. haha

Because I bought the "translation" version which is using Bahasa Indonesia, I felt terrible. The translation is "not match" with the meaning and how the characters talk with each other. If you are Indonesian, you will feel "weird" when you read word "semriwing" in the sentence which represent how Cormoran Strike wash her face. The editor must be changed!! (just kidding haha)

I understand how this phase of translation is not easy from the translator and editor. But, I think they can do better.

But after all, I like the story. I like how the story goes from the moment Lula Landry (the supermodel) died until the culprit is found. And the culprit...is unpredictable. At first the culprit is Lula's apartment's security guy. But I was wrong. haha

And my question has also answered inside the novel, why the title is Cuckoo the bird. It's because Lula's friend called her Cuckoo. And calling because she is not suicide but murdered.

Still...for detective story, I like Sherlock Holmes more. Of course! Legendary detective story ever. haha

Mr. Galbraith or Mrs. Rowling has a good job in the writing, I believe. Even I prefer to read again the english novel so that I can capture the feeling of more.

This novel is worth to read!! I like it.
Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^