06 December 2013

Why Ph.D ? Is Master degree not enough?



Actually...now I have to make a preparation to apply in several universities in Taiwan and Japan for my Ph.D degree... sounds waow right? but actually i do this because i wanna be a lecturer and change the next generation to a better generation when I come back to Indonesia. 

Several people asked me... "why? don't you wanna have fun before PhD? is Master degree not enough for you?" and i said.... 

NO. 

I'm thirsty of education and as long as I have opportunity to go out of Indonesia to steal other race education, I will do it.
I'm still young. even someday I'll get married, it's ok...i will do it... 
Even if someday I'm just being a housewife...i will still do it. why?
Because I will teach my child with different methods...what do you think if they teach by Doctor since they born? not only when they're in university? the result will be very different...
I want to learn as many as I can... not only my degree education a.k. computer science or information management... but also Life education.
Live in different countries will make your life different... you will learn how to live with different language and culture...that's LIFE education.

when someone asked me... don't you wanna take a rest first after you had your Master? and I said...

I don't think I wanna take a rest...
Because I've ever done that before when I graduate from Bachelor degree and have 6 months worked in Jakarta. After that, I realize...my brain become ice. 
I forgot many kind of thing teacher said to me when I was in school... I don't want that happened again...

another friend ask me... why in other country? don't you think Indonesia is not good enough for you? and I said...

Hmm... if I said Indonesia is good enough for me...it's lie.
Indonesia have very good universities... but, what I wanna do is not going to those universities and learn...
But, I wanna STEAL other countries' education and I will bring back what I've got to universities in Indonesia, so they will be better more than now....

another friend of mine ask me... Ph.D is very difficult and no one can guarantee your graduation...don't you afraid? and I said...

Afraid...not really. :Like they said, no one can guarantee my graduation when I have my PhD because PhD studnts need to submit several amount of journal and it's not easy and of course take a long time.... but no one know what will I had right?
I just say...I will do my best. I will graduate in 3 years. insyaAllah... and I'm not afraid...


Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

2 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum..

    Subhanalloh... Salut euy...
    Mba intan.. perkenalkan nama saya Imam Muchyiddin, saya saat ini sedang mencari informasi lengkap terkait beasiswa S2 computer science di taiwan, kebetulan googling nemu blog nya mba.. boleh minta email or akun fb untuk tanya2 lebih lanjut?

    muchyiddien@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/imam.muchyiddin

    terimakasih
    wassalamualaikum..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumsalam...
      Terima kasih jika blog saya membantu... :)
      Kalau nggak salah, sudah kirim message via FB kan ya? jika ada yang mau ditanyakan lebih lanjut...silahkan. InsyaAllah akan saya bantu sebisa saya.
      Silahkan kirim email ke intandzikria@gmail.com atau message di FB juga boleh...
      terima kasih. :)

      Delete

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^