01 January 2014

First Post in 2014: Happiness and Sadness



You know...2014 in Taiwan have a beautiful and hopeful meaning...because 13 to 14 in chinese is...

1 Yī 一 / 3 Sān 三
1 Yī 一 / 4 Sì 四

in chinese... Yi San Yi Shi means... Whole my life...

Just like when people said... Wo Ai Ni Yi San Yi Shi... I Love You My whole Life...

That's why in this year, many people said that this year is the year of hope...

But you know...this is true...for me and my family...

At the end of 2013..28 February 2013...we lost our precious family member...my uncle...my handsome and kind uncle...my cousins' father...our beloved one....Allah called him to His...

As I remember...the last time I met him was when I had my semester end holiday...in the summer break.. I went home for a month...and I got my chance to visit him in Yogya when at that time I also had to attend my friend's wedding there... we talked a lot... we.. laugh...
At that time, i still remember how he asked my boyfriend...

"are you serious with Intan? she is my precious nephew..."

and he also told me...when I wanna go home...

"Intan...please be a nice child for your parents...be a smart girl there in Taiwan...i hope you can graduate soon...say my Hi to your parents, ok?" then...he kissed my cheek...like he always did since I was a kid...

I don't know that's the last time I talked to him and wave my hands to him from inside the car...

I still remember how he smiled...at me...at us...
I still remember...he is only one member of our family that kiss our cheek...even we already grown up and big enough...even my dad isn't doing that anymore...

When I got that text from my Mom... "Nduk...your uncle die suddenly. we're on our way to Yogya..."

I stunned...my boyfriend who was beside me stunned...then I started to cry... in my lab...
loudly...

We shocked...

I called my mom and she cried...i cried too...

then...she told me "don't call your aunt...if you want it so much, call your cousin..."

then i call him...my lovely cousin...the one who nearest with me...Fikri...

i just keep silent and he just said "yeah...it's true... it's true..."

i cried...i couldn't say much...

My cousin, Fikri, is the one who always kept his heart shut and no one can enter it...he always pretend to be okay...even in the phone call...but i know he is heart broken...

I just...wanna go home so much... I wanna be there...beside my family...

That happened three days ago...and now is already 2014...
Sad...yes... but you know... our family is not the 'sad forever' - type...
our family is the strongest family ever!!

I know it's hard to have our family member not beside us anymore... but we need to be strong...we need to pray for him...pray and work like we always do...

So...this 2014 is the hope year for us... Hope to be a better person and stronger person...

Lost is not become the reason we sad to much...but think of him who left us and you'll know that he want us not be sad...he wants us to be strong...

We still have Hope...

Happy New Year!! 新年快樂!!!
Intan Web Developer

A Wife and PhD candidate to-be in National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. Dreamer, Writer, Traveller, and Tech Addict. Like to travel everywhere and experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anda bisa memasukkan komentar tentang postingan di sini...Terima Kasih ^.^